- Owned by three of the UK’s largest banks and Unisys, a world leading technology company
- The largest cheque processor in the UK with over 190 million items worth over £250 billion processed each year
- Employers to 800 colleagues, proud to be consistently delivering industry leading performance
- Innovative with service quality part of our DNA
- Adaptive, resilient and service focussed
We are: Intelligent Processing Solutions Limited
More widely known as iPSL, we formed in 2000 as a joint venture company between Unisys, Barclays, HSBC and Lloyds Banking Group. Since then, we have been trusted to conduct their cheque processing business, including the transition from paper clearing to the digital Image Clearing System (ICS) introduced in October 2017.
We are the UK market leader in digital cheque processing through continued innovation and rigorous adherence to industry and client driven quality measures. Underpinned by custom-built technology and efficient processes across multiple channels, our 700+ colleagues deliver the shared service model to multiple banks seamlessly processing over 190m cheques to a value of over £250bn annually.
iPSL offers many advantages, including a cloud-based solution to manage transactional decline and reduce physical asset footprint to better manage costs; highly secure, central UK locations for operations that are regularly audited to provide assurance and confidence of the operational activity.
As an organisation we are able to pivot and adjust to impacts on business such as the COVID-19 pandemic, through which we have continued to provide services without interruption or reduction by providing a safe, socially distanced workplace and innovative use of technology and process enhancements.